Art gives the opportunity to make your interior more personal by expressing your feelings and showing character. Actually, art can not be missing in your interior. But how do you make sure that such a personal piece comes into its own in your interior?
An art piece can be an eye-catcher. An eye-catcher provides a focal point in your interior. You can create balance in your interior by having a focal point. You cannot draw attention to everything. That is why you choose a focal point. A focus point that is worth seeing.
Hang your art work in a hallway. In this way you make a statement in a boring hallway that everyone walks through quickly. Put or hang your artwork in any lost corners and also in a closet you can use art well. In a closet you can put away several small works of art. This way you create atmosphere in your interior.
Here are a few more tips:
- Give the artwork space. This way you can keep the space around the artwork open. In this way, the artwork will not be lost in other decorations.
- Make sure the artwork is well lit. You can, for example, put a spotlight on it.
- The size of the artwork should take into account the size of the furniture in the room. For example, do not hang an artwork that is too small above a three-seater sofa. The art work will lose the attention it deserves.
- Don’t hang the artwork too high. Make sure the centerpiece of the art piece is at eye level.
- Finally, hang the artwork as close to the wall as possible to avoid any disturbing shadows.